Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Frogs, Feet, Finger painting, fruit snacks and FUN!!!


Today was the letter F and I wasn't sure if I should post this story but if it will save a child from a potential accident then it is worth letting you all know that I am not supermom (I am crying just typing this out).  We started the day off with some Fun at the pool. The pool we go to when I am alone with the girls has a separate baby pool that is 1 1/2 feet deep and is very small so you can keep a good eye on the small ones. Taylor, the Fun- Fearless- Female we all know her to be, was having a blast swimming and playing with some toys including a Floating tube around her waist. I was watching her from the pool edge in a chair and was breastfeeding Chloe when another mom approached me to ask how old Chloe was. I took my eye off Taylor for a few seconds and as I was talking to the other mom I looked up to see Taylor struggling. The floating tube had gone around her thighs and knocked her feet from under her so she was floating face first in the water and was unable to get her feet under her. Her little face kept bobbing under the water as she tried to swim to the edge of the pool. I was able to hurdle over a few chairs and pull her out just in time. She was extremely scared crying and choking. After some hugs and a snack she is okay but this was so Frightening! So if you can learn from my mistake- please do not place your little ones in Floating tubes even when the water is 1 1/2 feet deep. So as the morning started out with a Frightening, Fearful moment we have finished off the day with some Fun! So for an F day I have to say- F**** the Frightening Float tubes as they can turn your Fun day into a Feared day!!!!!

love always, Amberly


Singing the Speckled frog song- Five little speckled frogs, sat on a great big log. Eating some delicious bugs, YUM YUM. One little speckled frog jumped into the pool, where it was nice and cool and there were 4 little speckled frogs sitting on a log. Rib bit Rib bit!


Finger painting! Taylor said, this is like lotion. hee hee
Making puff paint socks after reading- Socks are a pocket for your toes
Feet painting
Oh boy was this fun or what!!!!
Dotting the letter F


3 comments:

  1. OMG Amb, that is so scary! Thank goodness you are so quick to react. And your activities are so creative, that Taylor is going to think my I day on Friday is lame-o. Speaking of which, are you a day behind? Do I need to change my letter to H? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to switch days! Unless you are having trouble with I? Taylor will never know after the weekend that H does not come after I. hahaha! Katie and Dave are also planning on going to the lake Friday afternoon if we want to join and if Tim wants to join after work! Whatever works for us. amb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..that had to be so scary!!!!!!! I'm so glad she's okay. Don't you love alphabet days? I've been doing those with Brett.....course....he doesn't want to do half of the activities..so I figure we'll make our way through the alphabet a few times before he's ready to really figure it out. I have a blast trying to find activities for the "letter of the day"....kiddos have fun too!!

    ReplyDelete